Exercise is an important part of weight loss and we only think of rigorous workouts. Have you ever thought of losing weight by walking? Walking is not considered as high-intensity exercise but regular walking to your exercise routine to help you lose weight. If you are looking for an easy way to lose weight, then a walking program is a great way to lose weight. So what are you waiting for you? Here in this article “How to walk to lose weight?” we will help you to find the best walking tips to burn more calories and the right amount of walking each day. Read on to find more about it.
How Long To Walk For Weight Loss?
If you want to lose weight by walking so, here are those right amount of walking each day. Let’s have a look.
- 150 minutes of a walk for the week is the total time for weight loss. You can walk more on some days and less on other days. But 30 to 90 minutes walk for weight loss in most days.
- When you walk at a brisk pace for longer than 30 minutes at a time after warming up can get an added benefit of burning fat.
- If you are in the moderate intensity exercise zone you should walk fast enough. And your heart rate can be 60-70 percent maximum.
Walking Tips to Lose Weight
If you are looking for an easy way to lose weight and trim your belly fat here are some simple walking tips to lose weight. Let’s have a look.
Walk more throughout the Day
A great way to get in shape is by power-walking workout, your focus should be 30–45-minute power walk 4–5 days per week. Also, try including short walks of 20 minutes or less throughout your day when possible to reach your goal.
- To control your blood sugar, prevent cravings for more food and give your metabolism a boost try short walk following meals.
- Instead of a driving walk to destinations while when it’s a mile or less between.
- When you feel frustrated or stressed take a short walk
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
Increase the Intensity
During your workouts, your walking speed can help you burn up to 20% more calories than maintaining a steady pace. Without jogging walk as fast you can and during your walk include one 30 second burst every 5 minutes. Before you get back into your normal power-walking pace follow this with a slower 30-second recovery walk.
Hit the Hills
To include intervals in your walking routine without making it feel like torture walk on a hiking trail with hills. Walking on the uphill helps you to burn more calories and build muscle in the lower body also it helps to speed up your metabolism. If you don’t have a walking trail try a staircase workout or on the treadmill at the gym.
Use Your Arms
While you walk swing your arms, it helps to speed up your pace, when compared to normal swing it burns up to 10% more calories and work your upper body. For the perfect arm-swing, use these tips:
- Bend your arms to 90 degrees
- Extend the arm behind the body as far as you can comfortably and naturally.
- The hand should rise to the level of the chest on the upswing.
Strength Training during your Walk
To strengthen your muscles and burn more calories include bodyweight exercise during your workout. This is the best way to break up your walks, so try out this two or three times per week. So stops and performs these exercises during your walk.
- Walking lunges
- Front or side planks
Have a Step Goal
To keep you motivated it is important to set goals. One of the best goals you can set as a walker is increased the number of steps you take per day. If you like to burn more calories then you have to more steps. Aim for 10,000 per day if you are serious about walking.
So keep walking to lose weight. Hope you liked this article “Lose weight by walking!” and find useful. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.