Sensitive skin is tough to deal with. To have sensitive skin doesn’t mean that one has to skip washing it or bear the feeling of dry, itchy skin all day long. Here is where the best soap for sensitive skin comes forward to help you out.
Many soaps are designed for sensitive skin. They tend to be less astringent and are generally a bit milder than the regular soaps available. Some soaps also feature ingredients explicitly intended to replace any moisture or oils stripped away while cleaning the skin. You may feel that the skin is clean with regular soaps but is stripped of moisture and softness. However, with a soap designed for sensitive skin, your skin will feel clean without any loss of moisture and softness.
Top 8 Soaps For Sensitive Skin
But soap is a soap; after all, it strips everything off the skin while cleaning it, which is great when the skin is full of dirt, sweat, and grime but not so great when it leaves you with the skin feeling dry and flaky. Here is where the beauty bars enter. They’re the same as the regular soaps in cleaning, but they cannot be technically called soaps. While soap is a salt made from fatty acid by mixing fat or oil with an alkali, the body bars, on the other hand, are made with a different combination.
Body bars that are made especially for dealing with sensitive skin do not make the skin lose its moisture and softness. This is the reason why body bars use ingredients like chamomile, aloe, herbs, lotions, and cream. These things help in keeping the skin supple and irritation-free. Also, certain fragrances from soaps can be a source of irritation which many body soaps for sensitive skin avoid. Therefore, many soaps and body bars are unscented.
Well, let’s have a look at some of the best soaps for sensitive skin that will help you clean the skin along with keeping intact the much-needed softness and moisture with exceptionally glowing skin.
- Dove Sensitive Skin Bar: It is hypoallergenic. It cleans the skin gently while nourishing and moisturizing skin. It is fragrance-free and suitable for daily use. The only con is that it doesn’t rinse off quickly.
- Basis Sensitive Skin Bar Soap: It uses ingredients like chamomile and aloe Vera to soothe the skin. Also, there are no fragrances, dyes, or any allergic ingredient added to irritate the skin. It is dermatologically tested.
- Shea Moisture Face and Body Bar Soap: This soap made from Shea butter is excellent for the skin as it works towards rehydrating dry skin while cleaning it. With its highly subtle frankincense and myrrh fragrance, it doesn’t irritate the skin.
- Yardley London Oatmeal and Almond Bath Bar: It is one of the best soaps for dry, itchy, and irritated skin. The oatmeal gently exfoliates and smoothens the skin while the almond oil softens and rehydrates the skin leaving the skin feeling soft, clean, and smelling slightly of the sweet almond
- Native Men’s Unscented Bar Soap: This is a transparent, fragrance-free, sulfate-free, and paraben-free soap for men. It cleans the skin well and leaves it feeling supple and not stripped of moisture and softness. Since it is unscented, it doesn’t irritate the skin at all
- Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar: The Cetaphil bar is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, which means it does not clog the skin’s pores. This soap is highly safe for the face and body and is designed to clean the skin while leaving the good oils intact. After using this body bar, the skin will feel a lot more cleaner, softer, and hydrated than before.
- Taproot Organic Hydrating Bar Soap: This is a handmade soap bar using eco-friendly, natural, and organic ingredients such as palm oil, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and raw Shea butter. The oils not only moisturize the skin, but the essential oils such as lavender oil even help in calming the mind. It is purely vegan. The lavender essential oil helps in relieving anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Mediviz Soap Therapy: This soap is a 100% vegan, hypoallergenic handmade soap bar. It uses 100% organic and natural ingredients such as raw Shea butter, olive oil, hand-milled oats, and coconut oil. The soap is one of the best treatments available for relieving the skin of eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and dry skin. It is fragrance-free and nourishes the skin while soothing the irritated skin. It’s protects the damaged skin.